As some of you might already have seen on my instagram, I just got my first Maybelline Color Tattoo Shadow. Since it has been recommended by sooo many of the YT-beauty-gurus, I thought I should finally give it a try (though I am usually not the fan of cream-products). One more reason for me to try this was, that I’m going on vacation to a reeeeeally hot country soon and I wonder how I could keep my makeup in place in this humid, hot weather and in many, many hours on the airplane.
Youtube (as always) had the answer for me – “Travel Essentials”/”Airplane Travel Makeup”-videos!
There, these were mentioned sooo often to be the best product under those conditions, so let’s see what I think after using it now.
THE PRODUCT: EYE STUDIO® COLOR TATTOO® 24HR CREAM GEL SHADOW IN “TOUGH AS TAUPE”
“Our ink technology creates super-saturated color.
Cream gel smoothes on for vibrant color that does not fade.
Why You’ll Love It
Dare to wear 24HR shadow.
• Ink technology creates 24HR wear shadow for our most intense, long-lasting color saturation
• Cream formula glides on without creasing and keeps color vibrant
• Ophthalmologist-tested. Safe for sensitive eyes and contact lens wearers
For Best Results
High impact look:
Illuminate. With fingertips, sweep all over eye from inner corner and work outwards. For added drama, darken as desired.” (www.maybelline.com)
WHAT I THINK:
- creamy texture
- “Tough as Taupe” is a perfect everyday-base-color everyone can wear
- slides on smooth
- sets really fast (be careful, when you plan on blending it)
- good color-payoff (with this shade at least)
- not sticky
- works good as a base for other shadows
- color lasts long
- I had some minor creasing after some hours – nothing a new layer or just a q-tip can’t fix
Since I haven’t tried it in really hot conditions I can’t tell you more about it now, but I will definitely keep updating after my travel session.
Have a good day,