We’ve seen it in soooo many Youtube-videos recently – this dark berry/plum/bordeaux shade everyone is loving to wear, when Christmas is upcoming. I got my hands on a very special one:
The Butter London “Tinted Balm” in “Black Cherry”.
It’s the most beautiful and flattering color for pale skin like mine, though I can also imagine it on a really dark brunette with a light tan.
The story how I got this is really like it wanted me to get it 😉
I’ve wanted such a color for a long time, so I went to my local drugstore, searched a while, but couldn’t find anything. So when I actually wanted to leave I saw a little basket full of Butter London stuff at the cashier’s desk. There were blushes and mascaras and suddenly this Lippy (how Butter calls it) fell into my hands. A sticker on it said 19,95€ (before it was 24€), but this was too expernsive for me. Then I saw that sign hanging above that basket that said “All Butter London products: 4€, only today!” – aaand I was in heaven ;-)))
So, here’s why I love this one:
- really moisturizing
- it’s a bit daring, if you never wear darker lips – but believe me, you’ll love it! (Or how Butter would say it: “Add a little edge to innocence.”)
- color can be built up (one layer is perfect for daytime-looks)
- shiny at first, but changes to matte after a while (what I love!)
- longlasting without re-appyling!
- perfect color for those cold winter-days & matching Christmas-outfits
- sleek, elegant packaging
- matches many eyshadow colors – really good with golds and rose-colors, all plum tones…
Here’s a swatch to show you the color, but it looks so different on camera and on my hand than on the lips – so don’t let this picture fool you 😉