Since I am not really the skincare-girl, who has 5 different scrubs and masks in her bathroom, I decided to try something natural, but yet easy to do at home. This scrub is made from things you normally have at home, so you don’t even have to go out & it’s finished within 5 minutes!
If you’re dealing with dry skin and dry lips (like I do) I recommend to do this not TOO often, but like 2 to 3 times a week (depending on your skin, on the lips you can do it more frequently). But even if you like to use it more often, it won’t dry out your skin because of the nourishing coconut oil.
So, let’s get right into it:
What you need:
- Sugar (you can either use the normal one or fine one, if you have really sensitive skin)
- Honey (I used blossom honey, but you can technically use any other kind)
- Coconut oil (room temperature or melted)
- A jar or little plastic container
How to make the scrub:
Start off with the sugar. Put a few tablespoons (depending on how much scrub you want to get in the end) into a bowl and mix it as long with coconut oil, until it gets a creamy, but not too liquid consistency. Don’t worry: if you poured to much of the oil you can still add sugar, until you have the consistency you want. Last but not least you add between 2 and 4 teaspoons of honey and mix it all together again. Fill the final product into a jar or plastic container (don’t forget to taste it!) and you’re finished 🙂
First wet your face, so the scrub will stay on better. Then put a little bit of the scrub on your face and distribute it in circular motions. Target the areas where you feel like your skin needs more exfoliation (for me it’s the nose). Leave the scrub on as long as you want to (I usually brush my teeth in the meantime). Rinse it off with water, then rub your face gently with a towel.
Feel the softness! Afterwards you can apply moisturizer, which will work even better.
How to use the scurb on your lips:
Gently wet your lips. Put the scrub on your finger or a toothbrush for extra exfoliation. Start rubbing it in (your lips can start to feel a little tingly, because the bloodflow will increase). When you’re finished: Rinse (or lick off) the remaining scrub.
Now you’re ready to put on lipstick, which will apply smooth and even.
BENEFITS of the scrub: (my personal experience)
- makes your skin soft
- nourishes it with the coconut oil
- honey is good against zits or blackheads
- gets rid of any dead skin or excess oil
- makeup will apply more even
- all the products you apply afterwards will work better
- lips will get a little more plump (for a while)
- tastes really good 😉
- you can technially also use it anywhere you want to on your body
- it’s natural, so no ingredients that harm the environment or your body in the long term
Hope, you enjoyed that!
Have a nice day,