I have been searching for a really good matte lipstick for a long time, until I watched a review by itsjudytime (link below at the swatches), where the lovely Judy swatched all of the NYX Matte Lipstick colors. I fell in love immediately with the color-payoff of the really bold colors, so I ordered the most beautiful, but daring shade: MERLOT.
It is a really bold plum red and looks just stunning on the lips.
- creates a REALLY matte look
- LONGLASTING! (it even passed the donut-eating-test ;-))
- bold colors – perfect for summer
- amazing color-payoff
- no scent (better than a bad one…)
- MERLOT is perfect to create a pin-up-look matched with winged eyeliner
- doesn’t bleed out of the lipline
Full swatches by itsjudytime:
- a little bit hard to apply for red-beginners
- feels a bit dry at first – goes away after a while
- not kiss-proof
More info: http://www.nyxcosmetics.com/p-14-matte-lipstick.aspx